Once you get a 3D printer, the first thing you want to do is to start designing. And since the last thing you built was a 3D printer, you start designing for it.
The Printrbot heated bed doesn’t have a decent cable management system so here’s a cable chain that feeds lines from under the printrbot to the heated bed.
- Remix of chain link from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11978 with a flattened bottom for ease of print.
- Chain links remixed with easy-snap connector.
- Heat bed mechanism slides in over the wires and snaps onto heat bed.
- Heat bed mechanism has holes for wire tie to provide strain relief.
- The bed bottom protects the wires from under the Printrbot but requires feet on the Printrbot to raise it 3mm. (e.g. http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:936854)
The chain itself is designed to clip into the recesses that exist on the printer:
And the wires tuck nicely inside:
Files and details are available at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:956108